Saturday, October 2, 2010

Priming Your Pump

Have you primed your pump today? The old pumps with the long handles that we used to use, you had to lift the handle up and down a bunch of times to get water flowing.

You have to do the same thing symbolically in your spirtual walk with God. How do you do that? I will show you some scriptures on how to release God's power into your life.
Phil. 4:6 KJV
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Bible in Basic English
Have no cares; but in everything with prayer and praise put your requests before God.
You prime your spiritual pump by prayer, worship, and praise. You have to let your requests be known unto God. Having The word in your spirit is essential to getting your prayers answered. You get The Word in your spirit by reading it, confessing it, and meditating on it. I am not saying what some teach, name it and claim it. I am saying to get them into your spirit. Also, a good way is to write the scriptures down. I find scriptures and promises and add them in a notebook. I arrange them into subjects. Then, when I need an answer to prayer, I go to that subject.

Here are some more scriptures relating to this subject.
Matthew 6:25

"For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

Ephesians 6:18
With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,

1 Timothy 2:1
First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men,
 We must learn to prime our pumps in our souls. Put God first in your life. Let Him be the source of your total supply. Teach yourselves how to truly worship him. I am learning this again myself. I have been studying the sacrifices that the Children of Israel gave to God, and what they represented. They worshiped God through their giving.

Culturally Incorrect: How Clashing Worldviews Affect Your Future

No comments: